Sunday, March 1, 2009

Dallas




This past weekend we took a trip to Dallas. I had been very warm for the whole week up until the day we left (Friday), but for some reason it got extremely cold. It was about 52 degrees on Friday, and about 48 degrees on Sunday. And with the wind, it felt even colder. To make things even worse, in just a few days the temperature will be back up to 80 again.

Our trip began a little oddly and somewhat creepy. Our hotel was about a 15 minute walk from the nearest subway station, so we decided to take the subway. As we were walking, a car drove by us at about 50 miles an hour, and I could hear a man shout "DAUGHTER!" I have no idea what he said before or after the word "daughter" but I still found it a bit creepy. I felt like I had to be on the defensive for weirdos the first night we arrived there.

On Saturday we saw the JFK assassination site and museum (I'll write more about that in my next blog), and then we visited the Dallas World Aquarium. The Aquarium was quite nice, even better than the one in Long Beach, CA. It was almost like a zoo and aquarium mixed together, and it was indoors, so we weren't freezing.

We were supposed to see my sister (who lives in Arlington, about 20 minutes from downtown Dallas) on Sunday for lunch, but she canceled on us. She told us she was seeing a "Led Zeppelin tribute band" on Saturday night, so I assume she was probably too hung-over on Sunday to see us. I felt a little bad for Sara, since she kept saying "I want to see Wendy!" all weekend. Oh well, she'll have more chances in the future.

So overall, it was a fun trip, though it would have been a bit nicer if it weren't so freakin' cold.

(Pictures: 1, 2 & 3. Different views of downtown Dallas. 4. The Dallas World Aquarium. 5. Christy and the kids at the aquarium. 6. A happy fish at the aqarium.)

No comments:

Post a Comment