Friday, January 2, 2009

Another Day at the Park




Every now and then I like to go back and re-visit an old entry I made on my previous blog, "An American Teacher in Taiwan." This time, I was looking at an entry from April 30, 2008 called "A Day at the Park." Here's the link to the old one:
http://kenberglund.blogspot.com/2008/04/day-at-park.html

I didn't have to work on New Years Day, so Christy and I just decided to have an easy, relaxing day at the park with the kids. It was quite nice, and it reminded me of the last time we all went to the park together in Taiwan.

In Taiwan, it's not that easy to just have a peaceful day at the park. There always seems to be somebody who wants to either take our picture, or take a picture of the kids, or touch the kids, or who knows what. If you look different, the Taiwanese want to photograph you. I remember taking Sara to the zoo once in Taiwan and having to stand and pose with her for about 5 minutes while a gang of teenagers was snapping pictures of us. I could have just walked away, but I didn't want to be rude.

Of course, here in Austin, nobody gives a damn, and I love it!!

So here's a happier sequel to "A Day at the Park." Just like the old blog, there are pictures at the top, and a 1 minute video below.

No comments:

Post a Comment