Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Cheating Spouse


So, currently the top news story on CNN is the divorce of Jon & Kate Gosselin, the couple featured on the popular reality show "Jon & Kate Plus Eight." Apparently the reason for the divorce is that the husband was cheating. This seems to be drawing more attention than anything going on in Iran or North Korea right now. We seem to be very close to war with North Korea, but this is what people want to read. Go figure.

I also got this post on my Taiwan blog today, from a guy called "Lucky Dog":

"I married a lovely 21 year old filipina woman when I was 38. About 17 months later she got her visa and we came home to the good old USA. We had a beautiful daughter and everything went well for about 5 years. Then I started seeing the signs. Girls night out without husbands became more and more frequent, Lack of desire for sex with husband, Five year old daughter talking about going to lunch with mommys friend-who was/is a boy and has a dog named Ghost, Two valentine cards in her truck...well you can guess the rest.
DON'T BRING YOUR ASIAN BRIDE TO THE US!
They are great wives in their own country where their men are undesirable and cheating on husbands is a family disgrace, but when they get to America there are many desirable and tempting men in a society that allows them freedoms they have never experienced before...freedoms that are hard to resist."

This post basically gives you the answers as to why his Asian bride cheated on him. She's 21.

Had this guy written to me sooner, I most likely would have advised him not to marry a 21 year old, especially since he's 38. 21 year olds are clueless as to what they want in life. Look at my own life as an example. I was married to my first wife when I was 21, and she was 19, and it ended in divorce. I responded to "Lucky Dog" by telling him he should go for the older Filipino women, closer to his own age, like, say, around 33 - 36. Chances are, they've already been around the block and had their fun, and are more likely ready to settle down.

I'm not too worried about Christy cheating on me. I mean, I can't guarantee 100% that she'll never do it, but she just doesn't even remotely seem like the type that would. After I showed her this post, she informed me that she thinks American men aren't much different from Taiwanese men (which is a big insult to American men, let me tell you.) She also seems to think that Filipinos are more apt to cheat than Taiwanese. I asked her why.

"Because a lot of Filipinos are married to Taiwanese men." she replied. Makes sense, I guess.

4 comments:

  1. Some guy's Asian wife cheated on him so nobody should bring their Asian wives to the US? I suppose it is reasonable to assume that 2 billion women from 47 different countries are all the same.

    American men aren't much different from Taiwanese men? I have never been so personally offended in my life.

    You say you got this comment on your Taiwan blog. Isn't this your Taiwan blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, this is my Texas blog. My Taiwan blog (which I no longer post on, but still get comments on) is here:

    http://kenberglund.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ken,

    I'm married to a Filipina and so far so good. Our age is very close, though. Living in the Philippines, many young girls flirt with you, as opposed to hardly any from the west. They love the Kano (Amerikano or Caucasian men). Even as young 18 year olds flirting with 50 year old men in shopping centres or on the streets. Unbelievable. I guess, when there's such a difference in age, one has different outlooks in life. Chances are that it might not work out, as young ones still want to have a little fun, and living in the west is also a dream come true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ken,

    I married an intelligent - attractive 21year old Taiwanese girl when I was 38, and we now have three children and have been happily married for 12years. And guess what! I was broke when she married me and still am in the shit today, however, she knew what she wanted but more importantly, we can't stand fake people which is what probably brought us together! Besides that, I think that too many people are just in love with the idea of being in love, hence, rush to quickly into relationships. My wife and I were friends for about a year and half before we decided to make a commitment to one another. Some of my fake friends and family back "Down-under" laughed at such a relationship by saying that two people should have sex before they become committed so as to know if they are compatible or not! Only fools dare rush in! Some people just never learn no matter how old they are! Forget about Filipinos, my own Dad was done over by this lying Russian bride when he was 65 onwards. I even tried to tell him through first-hand knowledge that she was out to get him but he said that I was wrong.
    By the way, I like most of what you have had to say about Taiwan but some things are not so correct! Who knows, you will probably find your way back, here soon!
    Take care and keep the Blog running.

    P.s Taiwan sucks but it is slowly getting better.
    Do they hate us for marrying their woman? Absolutely not! They can't handle them selves....that's all!

    ReplyDelete