Sunday, April 26, 2009

Granger









On Sunday we drove out to a small farming town named Granger. A colleague of mine at work invited me to a picnic at a place called Wilson H. Fox Park.

The town of Granger (as of the last census) has a population of 1299. We saw farms (and cows) everywhere. There was also a pretty nice lake where you could swim, fish, or go kayaking.

It took about an hour to drive out there, and it was fun, but not a place I'm likely to go back to. My friend David in Taiwan wrote to me, and told me that the nicest place to go in Texas would be Corpus Christi.

Sure, I'd love to go to Corpus Christi, if it weren't about 5 hours away from here. We're right in the middle of Texas, so farms and lakes are pretty much all we have close by.

(Pictures: A nice view from the park. 2. The babies enjoying the flowers. 3. My co-worker Lourdes and her son cooking on the BBQ. 4. A view of the lake. 5. Christy and Kyle. 6. One more view of the lake.)

No comments:

Post a Comment