Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Wall-E and the Strange Behavior of Children




I often get the feeling that my children are stranger than other children. I'm sure their behavior is perfectly normal, but I still feel that way.

I recently bought the movie "Wall-E" for my kids to watch, and for some reason my son Kyle has just become obsessed with Wall-E. Every morning when I take him out of his crib, he starts to say "Walleee! Walleee! and he will go and grab the dvd and carry it around ALL DAY.

I have "Wall-E" on blu-ray dvd, which, for those who don't know, is a high-definition dvd. It's kind of expensive, so I don't really like Kyle playing with it as a toy. However, when I try to take it away from him, he goes crazy and starts crying. He won't be quiet until I give the dvd back to him. I tried to think of a solution to this problem, so I printed out a picture of Wall-E on the computer. It didn't work. He just threw the picture on the floor. For some reason he only wants to hold the dvd. So I decided to buy him a five dollar Wall-E doll which I bought from the Disney Store. I'm hoping he will take to the doll the way he takes to the dvd and forget about the dvd.

So now I've got a daughter who's obsessed with her "Night Night" blanket and a son who's obsessed with "Wall-E." Oh well, I guess it could be worse.

(Pictures: The real Wall-E and the Wall-E doll that I bought for Kyle.)

No comments:

Post a Comment