Monday, December 6, 2010

Sara and Kyle Meet Santa!




Yes, it's that time once again where Santa Claus starts making appearances all over town. This time he showed up at the hospital where I worked, so I invited Christy and the kids to come down to meet Santa.

Sara and Kyle still believe in Santa. You've only got a few years where kids still believe in this stuff before they become disillusioned. Christy and I use Santa Claus a lot lately to keep the kids from misbehaving. We tell them that every time they do something bad, Santa will bring them one less present for Christmas. So if they were going to get 7 presents, now they will only get 6. It usually works. We tell them that Santa can always see what they're doing with his magic snowball. It's actually kind of hilarious the things you can tell kids and that they will believe.

2 comments:

  1. It is always heartwarming to see parents lie to their children. Some day soon they will learn the truth and their spirits will be crushed. Someone has to be the first to break their hearts. It might as well be you.

    And if Santa exists why does he ignore Asia, Africa and Jews?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara already kind of knows that Santa is fake. She asks a lot of questions about Santa, and my answers are so absurd, she can definitely tell something is up. I think both of them will learn the truth soon enough. Let them have their innocent childhood years.

    My parents lied to me about Santa too, but I didn't hold any grudge against them once I knew the truth. All kids really care about are the presents, anyway. As long as they get presents, everything is k-rad.

    ReplyDelete