Sunday, February 15, 2009

Elmo In Austin!








So, after a month of waiting, Sara's big day came. The day when she would finally see ELMO live in the flesh!

Throughout the day, she kept asking me "When are we going to see Elmo?"
"2 o'clock" I told her.
"Oh, when will it be 2 o'clock?" Sara asked. I looked at my watch.
"In about 2 hours." I replied.
"Oh, okay." (Brief pause) "Is it 2 o'clock yet?"

And this went on and on until 2 pm finally rolled around and Elmo came out on stage.

Kyle went with us too but he wasn't nearly excited as Sara was. He lost interest about 30 minutes into the show and tried to wander around the theater. Kyle actually lasted longer than I did. I started looking at my watch about 20 minutes into the show. The show was primarily singing and dancing, there weren't really any funny sketches that I was used to seeing on "Sesame Street." When they took a 15 minute intermission after about 45 minutes into the show, I was relieved. 90 minutes would have been too tedious.

During the break, a bunch of guys came out with "Elmo Balloons." Sara, of course, wanted one, but as soon as I found out they were ten dollars a piece, I said "forget it." I wasn't going to spend 10 bucks on a balloon that's going to be popped and laying on the floor in the morning. Just not worth it. Elmo is certainly a capitalist if I've ever seen one.

(Pictures: 1. Arriving at the Erwin Center. 2. Taking our seats. 3. Our view of the stage. 4. & 5. Elmo and his friends in action.)

2 comments:

  1. 10 dollars a piece? Wow that is really screwed up. The directors of the performances know kids like Sarah will be begging for a balloon, and I'm sure plenty of parents fell into the guilt trap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. K-Nasty? Is that what he called you? LOL...man I miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete