Wednesday, August 14, 2013

South Padre Island


Having lived in Texas now for the last 5 years, I've now seen every big city here, as well as many of the smaller ones.  South Padre Island, which I just visited recently, is definitely one of my favorites.  Other than the nice beach, it doesn't really offer much in terms of attractions, but this was the closest I ever felt to being back in California.  With the palm trees, ocean beaches, and (surprisingly) clean sand and beach, I felt like I wasn't even in Texas anymore.  We spent three days here, spending most of our time at the beach and pool.  Needless to say, it was a pretty relaxing vacation.





2 comments:

  1. Those clouds are cool in the first shot. That could be your next book cover. It will juxtapose well with a story of vampire zombies, or zampies, who go to a magical boarding school for pirates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was impressed with how good that first picture came out, especially when you consider that it was shot on a crappy iPhone camera.

      Delete