Thursday, February 16, 2012

Another Day Out with Kyle






Since I now only work on the weekends, it leaves me with a lot of free time during the week. I try to set aside at least one day a week where I take Kyle out somewhere. He's only got about six months left before he starts Kindergarten, so I suppose now is the best time to have some bonding with him.

This week we went to The Blanton Museum of Art (the best museum in Austin, in my opinion), and the Capitol building. When we were looking at contemporary art, Kyle made me laugh by saying "Look at that scribble scrabble!" (see picture above). I couldn't have said it any better. Some of the pictures indeed looked like "scribble scrabble."

He made me laugh again when we were in the Capitol building. When I told him we were inside the Texas Capitol, he said "Is there a lower-case building?"

As Bill Cosby used to say, "Kids say the darndest things"

2 comments:

  1. LOL, Scribble scrabble is a good one. hahaha A lower-case building? That's funny. Kids do say the funniest things.

    You are doing right to do this stuff with him. He'll remember it when he's grown up. It's good for him, very good.

    The third picture down, with the two women. Do you know who painted that? Could it have been Thomas Hart Benton?

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure about that particular one, but they did have at least one Thomas Hart Benton painting there ("Couples Romance")

    ReplyDelete