Sunday, October 30, 2011

An American Teacher in Taiwan..3 /12 Years Ago




I wrote what I thought would be my last blog entry on my other blog "An American Teacher in Taiwan" on August 16, 2008. But yet, for some reason, I still continually get letters about that blog. So many, in fact, that I started posting them there:



That particular blog, though only active for a short time, has nearly as many hits as this one has, and I've been writing on this one for 3 years! Go figure. haha

So, since that one still seems to be popular (well...meaning that I seem to have more than 3 or 4 readers on that one), I decided to start it up again with occasional posts, focusing only on Taiwan and Taiwan related topics.

It's amusing to discover what you're most read blog posts are. For that blog, my most popular post is (not surprisingly): "Why Taiwanese Women Like Foreign Men" Ha! I can just picture horny guys googling this subject and finding a link to my blog post. I think maybe I'll title one of my blog posts "Sex With Taiwanese Women" and watch it jump to the #1 spot.

For this blog, my most read entry is "2012: The End of the World." I'm guessing people came to this post hoping for some insightful information, not a review of the movie "2012"

I deleted my "Creative Writing" blog some time ago. It had maybe one reader in total, and it didn't help that I rarely updated it. I've kind of lost interest in writing fiction, anyway. It was fun for awhile, but I obviously prefer writing more stream-of-conscious stuff like this.

While anybody and everybody seems to write a blog these days, we all have different reasons for doing it. Some just like to post pictures of themselves for everyone to see. Others hope to attract attention, possibly in the hope to become famous (like Perez Hilton). I write my blog for myself, to keep my mind active, but I'm glad other people like it. It's also been useful when I need to remember certain dates that things happened. For example, someone recently wanted to know how much Sara weighed when she was born. I had no idea. Then...I checked my old blog! "Sara Amanda Berglund is Born" Oh yeah! 6.9 pounds! What a resource! As you get older, you tend to forget a lot of stuff.

Writing a blog, for most of us, is not a way to earn a living. Even having ads on your blog brings in only pennies, and Google doesn't pay out until you hit $100 in "ad clicks." Right now, even after 3 years, I'm only at $47.10. Maybe after 10 years I'll finally get that big $100 check! haha

David, my Taiwan friend, has a pretty funny blog, but the guy rarely posts anything on it. He claims even he has become bored by it. Once you reach that stage, it's probably time to give it up. I haven't hit that stage yet. Someday I will, I'm sure, but not yet. Hopefully that will make my 3 readers happy.



(Picture: my latest topic on my "other" blog, Taiwanese Brides)



1 comment: