Friday, February 4, 2011

Austin Snow Day




We got about an inch of snow here in Austin this morning. It's the most snow I've seen since I've been here. We got a little bit of snow around this same time last year, but it seemed to disappear just as quickly as it arrived. This time it's expected to stick around a little longer, making driving conditions pretty terrible.

The schools are closed today and Christy doesn't have to work, so I called in to the hospital to see if I too can enjoy the snow day. Nope. I still have to go in. They seem to be so short staffed today that they're willing to send a taxi here to pick me up (on their expense, of course.) Although it seems to me that if it's dangerous for me to drive, wouldn't it be just as dangerous for the taxi? Based on my experience with taxi drivers, they don't seem particularly concerned with safety.

1 comment:

  1. I'll second that opinion about taxi drivers. At least if they get into smash-up with you in the back seat, you're headed to the right place.

    ReplyDelete