Monday, October 18, 2010

A Brush With Fame....Or Not

Here's a bit of fluff to lighten things up after the last couple of sad, serious weeks:

I rented the movie "Paranormal Activity" from the library this past weekend and you can see my name in the credits at the end. I knew my name was there, but had no desire to either buy the movie or pay to rent it. Not that it's a bad movie. It's okay, and marginally scary at times, but after you've seen it once, it's not really effective anymore. Similar to "The Blair Witch Project," with each subsequent viewing, it loses its impact.

So why is my name in the credits? Because I was one of those people who clicked the "Demand It!" button when this movie first came out. I wanted to see it, and it seemed like the only way to see it is you "demanded it" on the official website. So, I demanded it, entered my name, and boom! Now I'm in the ending credits.

Apparently, thousands of other people are in the credits too, so the names go rushing by at a speed that make it impossible to read. Seriously, if you blink for a millisecond, you will miss my name. I had to pause it several times just to find it.

So anyway, here's the video:

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I see. I was wondering why. That's fun Ken.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big deal. My dead uncle still writes "Star Trek" books.

    ReplyDelete